Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Hello; thank you for visiting Jack the Ripper's Asylum! If you woud like to join in on the discussions or are new to the case, why not sign up? We would love to hear your opinion!
~Mordke
~Shikaruchan

Jack the Ripper's Asylum

The unofficial fan-base

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Jack the Ripper's Asylum! Jack the Ripper In the Autumn of 1888 five prostitutes in an area known as Whitechapel became victims of the killer we now call Jack the Ripper. This is Saucy Jacky's unofficial playground... Check out the discussions, chats, fun and games with like-minded inmates in an attempt to get into the mind and place of Britain's most notorius serial killer... Ha ha. Catch us if you can Mr. Lusk.
Eight little whores, with no hope of heaven, Gladstone may save one, then there'll be seven. Seven little whores beggin for a shilling, One stays in Henage Court, then there's a killing. Six little whores, glad to be alive, One sidles up to Jack, then there are five. Four and whore rhyme aright, So do three and me, I'll set the town alight Ere there are two. Two little whores, shivering with fright, Seek a cosy doorway in the middle of the night. Jack's knife flashes, then there's but one, And the last one's the ripest for Jack's idea of fun.
Share | 

Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Is Kosminski Jack the Ripper?
Yes
25%
 25% [ 2 ]
Maybe
50%
 50% [ 4 ]
No
25%
 25% [ 2 ]
I don't know
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper

PostSubject: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:29 am

In assessing why 'Kosminski' was suspected and what the source of that suspicion was probably means a return to basics. And the 'basics' here are provided by Macnaghten and Anderson. As far as the name 'Kosminski' is concerned we have only Macnaghten's mention of it (Swanson later confirms Anderson's suspect as 'Kosminski'). The two versions of Macnaghten, Aberconway and official, vary in content. The strongest case appears to be made in the Aberconway version -

1. He was insane. (This was proven)

2. He had a great hatred of women.('specially of the prostitute class' added in the official version)

3. He had strong homicidal tendencies. (Perhaps some evidence for this was lost?)

4. He strongly resembled the individual seen by the City P.C. near Mitre Square. (With the qualifier - "No one ever saw the Whitechapel murderer unless possibly it was the City P.C. who was a beat near Mitre Square and no proof could in any way ever be brought against anyone.").

5. He was taken with difficulty and was instantly positively identified at the seaside home by a witness (possibly Lawende or Schwartz) who refused to testify on learning that Kosminski was a fellow Jew, and that it was wrong to contribute to his hanging. Now, the flaw in this is that the identification happened years after the killings finished, so would the witness have still remembered the face of the killer? Aslo, there are issues with Kosminski still being open to the public, so if he is Jack the Ripper, either his mental condition totally collapsed or his family played a crutial role in constraining him before the 24 hour surveilance was put in place.

The official version included points 1 to 3 above but dropped point more whilst adding "There were many circs. connected with this man which made him a strong 'suspect'.

Jack <3 Louise Murder is my middle name! Bobby Read the rules, or Jack will RIP you! Jack the Ripper

"When evidence is not to be had, theories abound.
Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction."
- London Times Nov. 10.1888
Inspector
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacktherippersasylum.pro-forum.co.uk
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:59 am

Judging by the points you made, He sounds like JtR to me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:28 am

Adding to that (And I have plenty to speculate on which makes this man an even stronger candidate for being Jack the Ripper), we must take into persepective the fact that he strongly fitted both the psychological and physical profile of the killer, including height, hair colour, and although they claim him to be a few years older than Kosminski was, the statement 'full face' given by Schwartz (the only man to have got a real good glimpse of the killer) suggests that he was slightly chubby, which may have been brought on by drink. This could make him look slightly older than he really was, and also, is it really thta easy to guess age accurately? I know I have problems! Many of the witness statements also claimed that he was a foreigner with an accent, which Kosminski would have had.

Here is the only known picture of Kosminski. It appears to be a sketch, so may not be 100% accurate, and there is no original source given to this so I have no idea where it was from, however he resembles quite strongly, the official artist's profile of the killer produced from witness statements.

Jack <3 Louise Murder is my middle name! Bobby Read the rules, or Jack will RIP you! Jack the Ripper

Inspector
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:42 am

The picture on the right, is that an actual photo of him?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:56 am

No, the picture on the right is the artist's profile - it's digital. The one on the left is our Kosminski! I will resist the urge to say he's kinda cute... for the sanity of others... Bearing in mind, I can recall one of the witness statemens saying that his moustache was slightly curled at the ends, as is the case with Kosminski, which leads me to believe further.

Inspector
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:08 am

Were the other supects moustaches curled? If they have a moustache.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:36 am

You know, not many of the suspects matched the description at all! Aaron as you can see, strikes startling resemblance to the profile created over 100 years later. But most of the other suspects did have a moustache, just either very large or were too tall.

Inspector
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:42 am

No doubt it's Aaron then!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:55 am

That's what I'm thinking, however there are lots of arguments against him being Jack, such as his mental health, and how the asylum workers wrote him down as being negative to 'danger to others.' But in assessing this, many serial killers are model inmates, such as Peter Sutcliff, the Yorkshire Ripper, and do you think he would have had access to weapons in an asylum, or even prostitutes? There is one recorded incidence that states he went at one of the workers with a chair, and this is the only known account of him being violent. There are 16 years of his asylum records missing however, so we have no idea what went on there. Also, he threatened the life of his sister with a knife which is was what evidently gave his family enough evidence to get him taken in to the asylum.

Inspector
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:00 am

Well, he must've made himself seem that he's not a danger to others so he's not suspected to have done anything wrong. Cause people can seem like they wont do anything wrong but that doesn't mean they wont.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:04 am

I have an explaination for it on the other kosminski thread I have. It should explain why the killings stopped and how he became so docile and dopey later on.

Inspector
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:12 am

Ok, I'll go check it out right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:26 am

It is quite interesting to find out various aspects of his character. There are some details such as compulsive masurbation, which in the case of serial killers is an extremely common trait, so if we look deeper into his psychological profile, there are many areas that spark a lot of attention amongst Ripperologists and criminologists to suggest that in all likelihood, he had the potentual to become a serail killer.

Inspector
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:31 am

Wow, I certainly am learning a lot about JtR from this site. ^^ It is quite interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:35 am

Of course, this is only the surface stuff on kosminski. This section is only meant to be the breif part with the poll, and I shall get round to discussing many different aspects of him. Also, I will need to get round to posting some stuff on all the rest of the discussion points, and then you shall really find out more.

Inspector
Back to top Go down

Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jack the Ripper's Asylum ::  :: -