Jack the Ripper's Asylum
Hello; thank you for visiting Jack the Ripper's Asylum! If you woud like to join in on the discussions or are new to the case, why not sign up? We would love to hear your opinion!
~Mordke
~Shikaruchan

Jack the Ripper's Asylum

The unofficial fan-base

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Jack the Ripper's Asylum! Jack the Ripper In the Autumn of 1888 five prostitutes in an area known as Whitechapel became victims of the killer we now call Jack the Ripper. This is Saucy Jacky's unofficial playground... Check out the discussions, chats, fun and games with like-minded inmates in an attempt to get into the mind and place of Britain's most notorius serial killer... Ha ha. Catch us if you can Mr. Lusk.
Eight little whores, with no hope of heaven, Gladstone may save one, then there'll be seven. Seven little whores beggin for a shilling, One stays in Henage Court, then there's a killing. Six little whores, glad to be alive, One sidles up to Jack, then there are five. Four and whore rhyme aright, So do three and me, I'll set the town alight Ere there are two. Two little whores, shivering with fright, Seek a cosy doorway in the middle of the night. Jack's knife flashes, then there's but one, And the last one's the ripest for Jack's idea of fun.

Share | 

Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Is Kosminski Jack the Ripper?
Yes
25%
 25% [ 2 ]
Maybe
50%
 50% [ 4 ]
No
25%
 25% [ 2 ]
I don't know
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:57 pm

I've never had a boyfriend. Never really wanted one either. Only Blowy, lol.
Sadly, I think school systems will always have kids like that. I wish it wasn't like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:01 pm

I just get an image of Aaron being quite bullied and depressed when he was younger. In the psychological profile they built of the Ripper, it said he cam from a single parent family and may have been sexually or physically abused by his mother. Certainly we know that the first bit of information is correct, but I am wondering if this is also the case for Aaron.

Jack <3 Louise Murder is my middle name! Bobby Read the rules, or Jack will RIP you! Jack the Ripper

"When evidence is not to be had, theories abound.
Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction."
- London Times Nov. 10.1888
Inspector
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacktherippersasylum.pro-forum.co.uk
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:04 pm

It is possible. that may be another reason why he didn't like women, because he didn't trust them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:09 pm

That's a very observative point!! You are learning my Jack the Ripper pupil lol! XDD I think that's excellent and explains a lot. Obviously, the dominant environment meant that he would have found a hatred against them, and if his sisters were anything like the typical sister today and over history, he would have been teased and taken advantage of, dince there was a massive age gap between them. This would have added to his mistrust.

Jack <3 Louise Murder is my middle name! Bobby Read the rules, or Jack will RIP you! Jack the Ripper

Inspector
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:13 pm

Lol, I learned from the best. ^^ Was he the oldest or the youngest out of his siblings?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:18 pm

He was the youngest by many years. That might have made it harder for him, and also, the youngest is always treated like a baby and teased.

Inspector
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:34 pm

Which is why I'm greatful that I'm the oldest in the family. I only have one sister.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:39 pm

I'm grateful that I'm the oldest in the family as well, and since I'm not like other sisters, I don't treat my brother like that at all, although I do admit to teasing him sometimes when he was little, just over trivial things though. I can imagine little Aaron got it much worse.

Inspector
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:42 pm

I try to get along with my sis as well, but sometimes it's my sis that's just completly rude to me!
It must have been terrible for Aaron, and also how his parents didn't do anything to stop it, it seems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:47 pm

Since his dad died when he was 8, he must have seen his sisters as another two mother figures. His sister Betsy who was the next youngest, would have been 15 then, so you can see how big the age difference was. Also at that age, she would have been expected to do a lot more round the house, and would be looking to get married.

Inspector
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:49 pm

Wouldn't that also mean they would leave the house before him and he would be left alone with his mom?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:51 pm

In those days and in that area, you've got to remember that they would have been very poor, and being a single parent family, it wouldn't have been uncommon for whole families of many generations to be living under the same roof. Many of them would have shared beds, and it would have been very crouded.

Inspector
Back to top Go down
funworld4
Abberline
Abberline

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:36 pm

That's true, I hadn't thought of that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:38 pm

That's why I made the assumption thta Aaron shared a bed with one or both of his sisters when they were younger.

Inspector
Back to top Go down
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:38 pm

INTERVIEW WITH THE LANDLADY IN BATTY STREET.
On looking at his shirt she was astonished to find the wristbands and part of the sleeves completely saturated with wet blood. The appearance struck her as very strange, and then when she heard of the murders a horrible suspicion seemed to flash into her mind. Acting on the advice of some of her neighbours, she gave information to the police, and showed them the shirt and the state it was in.

A Press representative had an interview, yesterday, with the landlady of the house, 22, Batty-street, Whitechapel, which place was alleged to be the resort of the owner of the blood-stained shirt. The lodging-house is kept by a German woman, the wife of a seaman. She denied that the man for whom the police were searching was one of her lodgers, and asserted that he simply had his washing done at the house. He was a ladies tailor, working for a West-end house, and did not reside in the Leman-street district. She explained the presence of blood on the shirt by saying that it was owing to an accident that occurred to a man who was living on the premises, and that the police would have known nothing of it but for her having indiscreetly shown it to a neighbour. The woman denies that the detectives are still in possession of her house.
With regard to the statements current as to finding a blood-stained shirt at a lodging-house in Whitechapel, it appears the story is founded on some matters which occurred more than a fortnight ago. A man, apparently a foreigner, visited the house of a German laundress, at 22, Batty-street, and left four shirts, tied in a bundle, to be washed. The bundle was not opened at the time, but when the shirts were afterwards taken out one was found considerably blood-stained. The woman communicated with the police, who placed the house under observation, detectives at the same time being lodged there to arrest the man should he return. This he did last Saturday, and was taken to the Leman-street Police-station, where he was questioned, and within an hour or two released, his statement being proved correct.

This actually fits remarkably well with Aaron Kosminski being the Ripper, and I would regard this as a valid clue to his identity. His brother in law Woolf, whom he was residing with, was known to be a ladies tailer, and a foreigner, and they spoke German (Yiddish) so it is highly proable that the family had their washing done there, and it is Woolf who brought the bloody shirt to the landlady, one of which was Aaron's. It appears to me that Woolf is trying very hard to cover up the fact that his brother in law is the Whitechapel murderer, and his 'accident' with one of the lodger's theory is pretty poor and appears slightly plucked out of desperation.

Inspector
Back to top Go down
PVAD8
Prostitute
Prostitute

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:03 pm

Hi Kosminski is never in a million years Jack the Ripper. The killing of Elizabeth Stride was conducted by a man of cunning Kosminski was believed to be a simpleton and would not have the guile to outwit Diemschutz. Its as simple as that I'm afraid. In fact he didnt have the intelligence to outwit anydody if reoprts are to be believed. No for me Jack The Ripper was Robert Mann without a shadow of doubt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordke
Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:31 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Depends on how you look at the killing. I am of the opinion that Jack the Ripper was lucky - very lucky. A lot of what he did was sloppy, and the murder of Elizabeth Stride was done in a very risky area. I am not sure whether Diemschutz was the man who disturbed the Ripper as is traditionally thought in this case. A simpler conclusion would be that it was Schwartz who actually stumbled upon the start of the murder, and Jack the Ripper probably made a quick decision to kill her quick and get out of there before he ran to the police, or had the terrible scenario of an eyewitness to give a perfect description of him, as is what would have happened if he had let Liz go.

About Aaron being simple, this was drawn from the asylum records when he was beyond repair from paranoid schizophrenia, thus incarsenated so we do not know what his mind was like in 1888. People with schizophrenia are usually highly intelligent, and just because Aaron was a loner, it doesn't mean he was stupid.

Inspector
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper   

Back to top Go down

Aaron Kosminski's candidacy for Jack the Ripper
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4